|How Do I Properly Use a Male Condom?
If used properly, latex condoms are effective against pregnancy, HIV infection, and other sexually transmitted diseases.
How to use a condom:
- Use a new condom every time - Use a new male condom before each sex act.
- Putting the condom on - 1. Squeeze tip of condom to remove air. 2. When penis is erect (before any sexual contact), place condom on tip and roll down all the way.
- Taking the condom off - 1. Withdraw penis while still erect. 2. Hold on to rim of condom while you withdraw so nothing spills.
- Lubricants - Do not use oil-based lubricants such as Vaseline petroleum jelly, mineral oil, vegetable oil or cold cream as these can break the condom. Undercover Condoms has a selection of condom-safe lubricants.
- Condom Storage - Store at room temperature. Do not use if the condom appears brittle.
- Latex Allergy - Do not use a latex condom if you or your partner has any background of allergy to products containing latex. Undercover Condoms has a selection of non-latex condoms.
- Spermicidal Lubricants - Condoms lubricated with Nonoxynol-9 combine a latex condom and a spermicidal lubricant.The spermicide reduces the number of active sperm.
- Condom Effectiveness - No prophylactic can guarantee 100% effectiveness, latex condoms, if propoerly used will help reduce the risk of HIV infection and many other sexually transmitted diseases.
|<< Back to Condom Sense Main Page